Very Important Buyer (VIB) Program
Overseas trade buyers who qualify for the Manila FAME VIB Program have the exclusive chance to get a complimentary one ( 1 ) night accommodation at a Manila FAME partner hotel, plus access to a suite of privileges that will enhance your sourcing experience at Manila FAME:
* Hassle-free transportation services for the entire duration of the Fair.
Enjoy complimentary transport services upon your arrival at the airport (Welcome Reception, and Airport to Partner Hotel transfers), during (Scheduled Pick-ups from Partner Hotel to Fair Venue and V/V), and after the Fair dates (Partner Hotel to Airport transfers).
* Priority access to Manila FAME’s show features and promos.
Get priority access to Manila FAME Connect, the Fair’s Business Matching Facility, admittance to exclusive Manila FAME events, and a chance to join the Luxe Escape Raffle Promo. That’s a 4-day, 3-night getaway in one of the Philippines’ premier island resorts.
* Complimentary use of Manila FAME Buyers Lounge and other exclusive services.
Avail of the many complimentary services Manila FAME has to offer—get exclusive access to the Fair’s Buyers’ Lounge, Health and Wellness services at the Serenity Spa, Liaison Officer/Language Interpreter assistance, and meal coupon provision for 2 days.
To qualify for the Manila FAME VIB program, a nominee must:
- Be a NEW trade buyer at Manila FAME
- Be an established and reputable individual involved in a business, or government agency and association that makes strategic purchase decisions related to services, raw materials, product components, or finished goods for delivery or supply (e.g.: importers, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, specifiers, bulk buyers, etc.)
Hold a position in a company with:
- At least two (2) years in operation.
- An annual net sales revenue of at least USD 1M for buyers under the furniture, furnishings, and home accent product category, and at least USD300TH for buyers under the gifts, holiday décor, fashion accessories, apparel, and textile product category.
- A well-established distribution network for Manila FAME products in the country of origin or targeted markets, as well as wide promotional channels or tools including but not limited to telemarketing, direct, and online marketing.
- No negative business relationship with Philippine manufacturer-supplier/s or past written complaint/s from a Manila FAME exhibitor.
- Sustain an interest in meeting new potential suppliers and manufacturers, and expansion of product lines being sourced from the Philippines.
How do I join?
Step 1: Nomination and Application
Philippine Trade and Investment Centers (PTIC), Philippine and Foreign embassies, and other partner agencies of CITEM shall screen and recommend prospective buyers who may apply for the program. A buyer may also be nominated by Manila FAME exhibitors and marketing agents, or s/he may opt to apply for self-nomination, upon satisfying all the prerequisite qualifications.
The following documents should be submitted to the assigned Manila FAME Market Officer upon nomination:
- Accomplished Manila FAME VIB Application Form with Indicated Buyer Category and Endorsement of Partner Proponent
- Photocopy of passport page with picture and complete name
- Company Profile (electronic or scanned copy)
- List of Philippine suppliers with previous or existing partnership (if any)
Step 2: Screening of Applicants
Upon submission of requirements, Manila FAME Buyer Services Team will evaluate and validate the application. Those with incomplete submissions will not be processed. The deadline for submission of nominations is on .
Step 3: Approval/Disapproval of Application
The Manila FAME Buyer Services Team shall forward the processed VIB applications to the Head of Agency for final approval.
Step 4: Notification of Results
The Trade Buyer Applicant will be notified of the status/result of the application via e-mail. Should a trade buyer be accepted in the program, he/she will receive a Confirmation Letter and other pertinent information regarding his/her application.