Continuing on the success of its maiden edition, Design Commune: Patterns and Palettes returns to present a curated display that highlights the infusion of mainstream design trends with Philippine aesthetics and materials.
More than 70 micro-, small-, and medium- enterprises will work with designers Tes Pasola, Detleft Klatt, Reine Shih, and Josef Crisanto under the thematic guidance of world-renowned designer Tony Gonzales to deliver a versatile collection of products that matches a variety of material requirements, techniques, and price points.
Design Commune will be framed in five themes inspired by the design trends of 2018: Ethnic Nomad Spring and Autumn, Neutral Metals, Neutral Blues, and Tints of Green.
- Ethnic Nomad (Spring) features light and pastel colors that provide soft accents, twists, and splashes of color in a modern setting. The pieces take inspiration from a variety of ethnic cultures and patterns, ranging from South America to the Philippines.
- Ethnic Nomad (Autumn) injects warm and homey tones to ethnic-inspired contemporary pieces. Taking influences from a number of global cultures, including Philippine tribes and distinct South American heritage, the products evoke a vibrant aura for any modern setting.
- Neutral Metals continues on the neutral trend that emerged in 2017 and expanded it with metallic accents. The products are incorporated with gold, silver, and bronze as elegant highlights to create a collection of home décor and furniture that deliver a blend of earthy sophistication.
- Neutral Blues is a timeless classic, present in the ceramics and crafts of old Asia and Europe. The theme will include a wide variety of products crafted after the theme’s palette that includes warm and cool-toned blues alike, an exploration of the color’s immense versatility.
- Tints of Green gives a more subdued look into the green trend that has swept 2017 and the better half of 2018. Products under the theme takes on a cooler tone, shifting away from bright greens to deliver a more relaxing natural feel.