- FAME+ is a new initiative for exhibitors, buyers and other stakeholders to assemble and do business online.
- The platform will be a new venue for Manila FAME exhibitors to showcase their products online before a limitless audience.
- The platform will enable buyers to find products and reach out to companies for business beyond the limits of the physical trade show.
- FAME+ will allow companies and buyers to do business throughout the year, regardless of season.
- The platform is designed to complement the Manila FAME physical trade show—and not replace it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Manila FAME's digital platform?
Why is Manila FAME conducting its 2020 show on this digital platform and not through a trade show format?
- FAME+ is a fulfillment of the digitalization efforts that we introduced to our stakeholders last year to complement the trade event and harness technology in promoting Philippine exports.
- This move is also in response to the current situation brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. Current restrictions on travel and large gatherings along with social distancing measures required to avoid transmission of the virus mean we cannot stage the show in multiple venues as we have originally planned.
- While we cannot meet our exhibitors, buyers and other stakeholders face to face, the business can still continue through our digital platform.
When is the new platform launching?
- FAME+ will be launched on October 15, 2020.
What can users do with FAME+?
- Exhibitors can create a virtual showroom featuring their product line, respond to product inquiries, and connect with buyers.
- Buyers can browse through product catalogs, connect with companies through messaging and conferencing features, and access exclusive content and events.
- FAME+ will also be filled with content such as stories, forecasts, and industry news that will keep stakeholders abreast of the latest information and trends.
- Registration is required for exhibitors and buyers before using the platform's business features.
Is there a fixed duration for participating in the platform, similar to the event days of the physical show?
- Unlike a physical trade show that usually lasts for three days at a time,FAME+ will be opened for business 24x7 starting October. Users will be able to view the product catalogs and read/view exclusive content anytime.
- FAME+ will publish content all year, as companies will also be able to update their collections online. A dedicated editorial team will continuously produce new material that promotes Filipino design and artisanship and discusses news and trends from around the world.
What will happen to the show next year?
- We are positive that circumstances will be better next year and will enable us to capacitate our physical events and our online platforms simultaneously.
How do I register as an exhibitor?
Who can apply as an exhibitor?
FAME+ is open to:
- Previous Manila FAME exhibitors
- Companies joining Manila FAME for the first time
- Companies who have joined overseas trade shows on their own (outside of CITEM’s assistance)
What are the requirements for applying as an exhibitor?
Companies must meet the following requirements to pre-qualify as an exhibitor:
- Must be a Philippine-based manufacturer
- Must have a valid Mayor's Permit
- Must have no outstanding payments due to CITEM
Other criteria and documents will be required from companies applying to become exhibitors during the registration process.
What are the criteria for selection to become an exhibitor in FAME+?
A screening process will be conducted based on these criteria:
- Online presence
- Export experience
- Quality of available content (Company profile, photos, brand story, etc.)
- Willingness to join the Product Development Program
- BSO membership
What benefits or privileges do I get as an exhibitor?
Benefits and privileges include:
- Digital exhibitor storefront exclusive to your company
- Virtual trade fair with 24/7 optimal visibility
- The experience of Manila FAME in the comfort of your office or home
- One-on-one consultations with product development specialists
- Services of an Account Officer
- Meeting and conducting business with qualified buyers
- Access to valuable insights and data through the platform's listening and monitoring features
- Seamless communication with buyers and audiences through instant messaging, conference technologies, and more
Complimentary digital content production, which includes:
For Brand Exhibitors:
- Twenty-five (25) products for catalog photography (JPEG file at 300 dpi resolution) with product description
- Ten (10) Lifestyle Photography (stylized shots with art direction) with product description
- Company profile (300-400 words)
- One (1) photo and 1-3 minute video of showroom/factory
For OEM Exhibitors:
- Twenty-five (25) products for catalog photography (JPEG file at 300 dpi resolution, five angles per product) with product description
- Three (3) Lifestyle Photography (stylized shots with art direction) with product description
- Company profile (300-400 words)
The complimentary digital content production will be made available to 100 exhibitors. Companies who have their own existing content assets may apply as exhibitors and use their content on the platform, subject to approval and curation.
Are there any registration fees for using the platform?
FAME+ is free for its first run. The succeeding batches will be charged an annual subscription fee after the first free one-year subscription.
I have already submitted my application for the October physical show. Will my application be carried to the digital platform?
All interested applicants will need to re-apply for FAME+.
Why is the complimentary digital content creation limited to 100 exhibitors only?
This benefit is limited to 100 exhibitors to ensure production quality and efficiency. If you have existing photos, videos or content, you are welcome to use them in our platform subject to CITEM's evaluation.
What if I apply within the registration period but do not make it into the initial list of exhibitors? Do I have to apply again?
No need to apply again as we have the information on file already, except when required documents (e.g. Mayor's Permit) become invalid.
We previously exhibited in Manila FAME under Artisans Village/our Regional DTI pavilion. Can we still exhibit on the platform as a group?
Currently, the platform only caters to individual participants. Group participation will be accommodated once the program is in place.
We previously exhibited under our Business Support Organization's (BSO) participation. Can we still exhibit under our BSO?
Group participation under the BSOs will be accommodated once the program is in place.
What will happen to the different events (Manila FAME Neo, Manila FAME Artisans x NTF, (Manila FAME Sourcing) that were supposed to be part of the October 2020 show? Can we still apply to be exhibited under these events?
The four events will happen in the next edition of the physical Manila FAME show.
Can international exhibitors join the new FAME+?
For its first batch, FAME+ is only accepting Philippine brands with locally manufactured products.
How will buyers find us in FAME+?
The Manila FAME team will actively promote the website in various international channels. The team will likewise coordinate with foreign agencies to introduce and boost our platform.
How long will my company/brand be showcased in FAME+?
Selected companies/brands will be featured for one (1) year or 365 days in the platform.
Who can I contact to get more information about Manila FAME and exhibiting in the new digital platform?
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can get in touch directly with the Exhibitor Marketing and Services officers in the following sectors:
|Head of Exhibitor Team + BSO Point Person||Marjo F. Evioemail@example.com|
|Maria Annvie Faye Hallfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Home Decor & Houseware / Furniture / Lamps & Lighting||Katherine Dela Cruzemail@example.com|
|Estelle Louise Uy-Aliwalasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gifts & Holiday Decor / Beauty & Wellness||Denny Imsonemail@example.com|
|Giussano Isaiah Jose Icaranomfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Special / Group Participation||Antonio Agultoemail@example.com|
|Vea Janika Santosfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Who can create an account as a trade buyer? How do I qualify as a buyer?
Any company owner and/or representative mainly classified as retailers, manufacturers, distributors, importers, wholesalers, buying offices, and contract market buyers such as interior designers, architects, contractors, real estate developers, and procurement officers for the hospitality industry with the intent to source for their home decor, furniture, lamps & lighting, fashion, festive decor, and gifts requirements are qualified to register.
How can I create an account as a Trade Buyer?
You may sign up as a Trade Buyer by registering on FAME+. You will only be asked to register once. Once validated, you only need to log in with your email and password to access the site anytime.
I have already visited and registered as a Trade Buyer for Manila FAME physical trade show before, do I need to sign-up again for the digital platform?
Buyers who have previously visited and registered with the Manila FAME physical show will be sent their username and temporary password which they can use to log in to their account. They will also have an option to review and update their previous information.
Will my profile be visible to other users of the platform?
Only the exhibitors whom you have interacted with (i.e. exchanged messages or requested meeting with) will be given the option to send you a request to view your profile.
What are the benefits or advantages of creating an account as a Trade Buyer for FAME+?
- Even without the physical show, you will be able to access and browse catalogs of Philippine companies and brands 24/7. The number of participating companies and brands will increase over time. Each company and brand goes through a careful application process to make sure that only export-ready companies with quality products are featured on the site.
- You can directly contact the companies/brands, send your inquiries, and negotiate your price and quantity requirements.
- You will have access to exclusive creative content about Philippine home and fashion lifestyle industries that will be published regularly.
What features or services will FAME+ have for buyers?
- Business-matching. Based on your profile and preferences, a list of suggested Philippine companies and brands will appear on your page to make sourcing more convenient and easier.
- Direct Messaging. You may send a direct message to your preferred company/brand for inquiries and proceed with your exchange using the platform via WhatsApp.
- Talk To Us. Can't find what you're looking for or have specific concerns that you want to share with the Manila FAME team? Talk to our buyer marketing representatives via WhatsApp.
- Virtual Meeting Request. You can request the exhibitor for a virtual meeting schedule via the Zoom calendar/ appointment feature in the website.
Can I place my order through FAME+?
As it is not an e-commerce platform, you cannot place an order through FAME+. But there are options to request quotations and/or product catalogues or directly chat with the exhibitors using the platform, via WhatsApp.
I am previously a Manila FAME VIB. Is there a similar incentive program on the platform?
Yes, there will be a select group of Premium Users. Previous Manila FAME VIBs will be reviewed and re-evaluated upon signing up on the platform. If you qualify, your account will be automatically upgraded to Premium User.
For new buyers, your accounts may be upgraded to Premium User based on your activity on the site. Those who will actively use the platform to source products will have higher chances of being upgraded.
What are the perks for Premium Users?
As Premium User, you will have 24-hour advanced viewing access to new collections that exhibitors will upload on the platform.
You will have exclusive access to products and collections that the exhibitors will not release to the public.
You are also qualified to receive exclusive perks such as online discount vouchers, and rewards and services especially primed by the Manila FAME team for its valued buyers.
Will I need to pay anything to use the platform?
There is no payment for using the platform.
Who can I contact to get more information about Manila FAME and FAME+?
You may email us at email@example.com or you can get in touch directly with the market officers in your location:
|Head of Buyer Team||Anna Marie Alzonafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Americas, Middle East and Africa||Karla Dinglasanemail@example.com|
|Europe, South Asia||Windy Añonuevofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|ASEAN and Oceania||Pinky Parraemail@example.com|
|East Asia, SARS||Nikki Rustiafirstname.lastname@example.org|
I only want to get design inspiration from the brands in FAME+. Do I have to create an account as well?
You will have to create an account as a Visitor to get access and get more detailed design inspirations and exclusive content from FAME+. You will also qualify to receive updates from your favorite brands straight to your inbox when you create an account as a visitor.
Will the Physical Manila FAME trade show return and when?
The Manila FAME physical trade show will return in 2021. Please stand by for further announcements.
Will Manila FAME assist in the shipment of the products I ordered from the exhibitors of your digital platform?
FAME+ does not support the shipping of products. Once you create your account on the platform, you will have to discuss directly with the exhibitor your preferred shipping arrangement.
Where are the FAME+ products available?
Product availability will depend on each company. Please make sure to check with your preferred exhibitor if they can facilitate shipment of items to your location.
GENERAL PUBLIC ACCESS TO FAME+
Is FAME+ open to the public?
FAME+ can be accessed by the general public and they can view the product catalogs. However, registration is needed in order to showcase products or contact the companies featured on the platform.